Press "Enter" to skip to content

Man Dies From Electrocution In Delta

DELTA MAN

A 37 year old man identified as William Madu has been electrocuted to death after he tried to switch from a generating set to electricity power while watching TV in his apartment along Oleh road, timber town in Sapele, Delta State.

The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon, at about 1:35 pm. According to reports from an eye witness the deceased who works with a water processing company was watching a sitcom in his house when the incident happened. He said;

“William was watching TV when BEDC brought to light and because the generator was outside,

He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him.

As I speak to you his body is present in the mortuary.”

The source who pleaded to be anonymous also said that William gave up the ghost before they could even reach the hospital. The electrical appliances in the building were said to have been damaged due to the incident.

William was described as the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *